REQUEST FOR E-FILING ACCESS
Attorneys, Creditors, and Filing Agents requiring e-filing access must (1) complete the appropriate Registration Form and (2) request e-filing access through PACER.
In order to practice in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia, one must be in good standing with the District Court for the District of Columbia. The Attorney Admissions information for the District Court can be accessed here.
Note: Each individual who registers to file will need an individual PACER account. If you do not have an individual account, you can register for a PACER account here: https://pacer.uscourts.gov/register-account. Questions regarding individual PACER accounts should be directed to PACER at email@example.com or (800)-676-6856.
How to Request E-File Access:
- Sign into www.pacer.gov with your individual PACER account
- Click on the "Maintenance" tab under "Manage My Account"
- Click on "Attorney Admissions/E-File Registration" for attorneys, or "Non-Attorney E-File Registration" for creditors, trustees, filing agents, and financial management providers.
- Choose "U.S. Bankruptcy Courts" as the Court Type, then "District of Columbia" as the Court.
- Click the button for "E-File Registration Only", then complete all other required fileds and then click Submit.
After you have submitted the request via PACER and the court has received your completed Registration Form, the court will activate your account and you will receive an email from PACER advising you that your account has been activated.
Once your account is activated, you can begin e-filing by going to https://ecf.dcb.uscourts.gov/ and logging in with your individual PACER login.
For answers to your questions regarding registration, please contact the ECF HelpDesk at (202) 354-3281 or firstname.lastname@example.org.