This section demonstrates the steps necessary to upload a proposed order in the CM/ECF System.
For a detailed step by step process, begin with the Upload a Proposed Order Training Module and then view Steps 1 - 8 of this manual.
STEP 1: Click on the ‘Bankruptcy’ or 'Adversary' link, as appropriate, at the top of the CM/ECF menu bar.
STEP 2: The Events menu displays, click on ‘Order Upload.’ You will then be given multiple options. Click on ‘Single Order Upload.’
STEP 3: The Case Number Screen will appear, click in the text box and type the appropriate case number. Click ‘Next’ to continue.
STEP 4: You will be asked to enter the 'Related document number.' If you know the document number, enter it in the text box and proceed to STEP 6. If not, click 'Next' and proceed to STEP 5.
Select the appropriate category from the menu. If you are unsure which category is appropriate, you may click within the menu, hold your mouse down, and scroll to the end of the menu. This function selects all the possible categories, allowing you to see every document available.
You can also narrow your search by clicking in the 'File Date' text box, and using the calendar to choose a date range.
You may also narrow your search by clicking in the 'Documents Number' text box and enter a document number range.
Click 'Next' to continue.
STEP 6: Order Information Screen
1. Order Type: Scroll through the drop down menu to reveal the available options. Select the type of order you are uploading with the correct objection period by clicking on it.
2. Hearing date: If there is a hearing date, click on the hearing date text box and type in the date or click on the calendar to select the hearing date. Enter the time of the hearing in the next text box.
3. Next, you will be uploading your proposed order to the CM/ECF database.
- CM/ECF only accepts documents saved as PDFs. For information on converting word or word perfect files to PDF, visit Technical Tips.
- CM/ECF can support up to 50 MB per file.
4. Click 'Choose File' to open the browse pop-up window.
5. Find your document in the browsing pop-up window.
6. Click on the document to select it.
7. Click ‘Open’ to select the document.
8. Click ‘Next’ to continue.
NOTE: The DC Bankruptcy Court requires a 4 inch top margin (page 1 only) on all proposed orders. The Judge’s signature is electronically placed in this space.
STEP 8: You will see a confirmation of the order being successfully uploaded. The page will contain the date, time, related document, type of order and any hearing information that was entered.